[meteorite-list] New Meteorite Column on Geology.com

From: Notkin <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 11:06:31 -0700

Dear Listees:

The new edition of my monthly column, "Meteorwritings," has been
online at Geology.com for a few days.

This month's installment is about meteorite identification. The aim of
this column is to introduce a wider geology and science audience to
meteorites and meteorite collecting, so the content is entry-level,
and will be old hat to most of you pros : ) However, in the months
to come we'll be tacking some more complex and esoteric subjects. But
I think you'll like the photos -- all-original pictures taken
especially to accompany the article:

http://geology.com

-- or --

http://geology.com/meteorites/meteorite-identification.shtml

The lead photo is of a stellar Bassikounou individual which I acquired
from our admirable colleague Dr. Svend Buhl. Thanks Svend! : )

All the best from Tucson,

Geoff N.

www.aerolite.org
www.campometeorites.com