[meteorite-list] "Is it like a heavy chunk of rust that looks like it was hit by bullets?"

From: McCartney Taylor <mccartney_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 20:56:13 -0600

I was asked that this morning by a hunter while I was researching an iron.

He went on to say -
"I found one like that when I was a kid. It was heavy as hell, i found it on the gully bank where it washed out. I left it there, just thought it was iron junk with little dents"

Last year when I interviewed his father, his father had found "half a cannon ball" when he was plowing years ago. He pitched it along the barb wire fence line...ugg. God I hate barb wire.

Something tells me I'm in the right place...