[meteorite-list] Space junk - marine life - shame on NASA

From: Greg Catterton <star_wars_collector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 11:30:35 -0800 (PST)

It is the first thing I was aware of, until reading more about it.
I know what ifs are really meaningless, however... if it had landed on a school full of kids, Im sure the cost of returning to earth would have been very cheap compared to the loss of life.
If it had impacted on a house or other private property, would NASA have been liable?

The replies about this have been really good and informative, Thanks to all for your input.

Greg