[meteorite-list] Space junk - marine life - shame on NASA

From: Greg Catterton <star_wars_collector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 10:41:27 -0800 (PST)

""The junk was a tank full of ammonia coolant on the international space station that was no longer needed. Astronaut Clayton Anderson threw it overboard during a spacewalk in July 2007.

Space station program manager Mike Suffredini said Monday that the debris splashed down somewhere between Australia and New Zealand Sunday night""

Am I alone in the idea that Nasa should be held criminaly liable for the polution of our waters?
If an ordinary person was to dump toxic material into the ocean, surely we would be in alot of trouble... just becouse they are Nasa does not make them above the law. Ammonia is highly toxic to marine life!
It is my opinion that this was an outright disrespect to the enviorment and a potential hazard to the marine life in the area of impact.
I am very upset about this and feel Nasa was totally wrong for the actions they have done.
This could have been handled in a much better fashion, and I for one would like to see Nasa held accountable for this.
I am really upset about this whole situtation.
surely if it had fallen on someones propery NASA would be in alot of trouble...
Shame on you NASA. Shame on you Clayton Anderson.