[meteorite-list] cleaning Millbillillie ?

From: Steve Dunklee <sdunklee72520_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 09:48:30 -0800 (PST)

Removing staining may give a meteorite a better visual appearance, but like with a valuable coin will remove valuable information. like age , original chemistry and possibly fusion crust.
   If you had a proof silver dollar from 1860 would you soak it in oxalic acid to make it look better?

Have a great day!

Steve Dunklee