[meteorite-list] Just Another Question

From: Pete Shugar <pshugar_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 23:24:14 -0500

Hello list,
I've given this more than just a passing thought as I think this is a very
intreguing question.
If an impactor smacks into the moon with enough energy, objects will be
dislodged.
If they make it to earth intact, we have a luner meteorite.
Same goes for Mars and Astroid 4Vesta.
So,.....suppose we have a very high speed impactor that hits earth, and
dislodges material that is now in orbit. If the material crosses Earth's
orbit again, and survives to the surface of earth, would it be modified in
it's appearance to the extent that it would be seen as a meteorite and not
just another rock?
Has anything ever been found that might be in this class of material?
Would there be anything that would set it apart as a different
rock/meteorite?

Pete