[meteorite-list] NEW METEORITE FRIENDS PAGE!

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 01 May 2008 14:34:07 -0700

Greetings one and all,
        FIRST: My "original" Meteorite Friends Photo Page will continue at:

http://www.michaelbloodmeteorites.com/MeteoriteFriends.html

And it is anticipated it will be very useful for generic identification
Of people to whom one is writing or for identifying/reminding one
Of who's post it is you are reading on the list. It is also very handy
For review, if like me, you are nearly brain dead when it comes to
Remembering names and you are about to go off to the Tucson Show,
Etc.

        SECOND: Now, a new and vastly more informative version will ALSO
Be available thanks to the hard work and good will of Paul Harris of
Meteorite Exchange. Such things being far beyond my web page "skills"
(which are laughable), Paul has generously created a page for me whereby
Everyone who wants to can expand their information exponentially.
        Several elements have been added. (any or all of which are available
But not required) by both old and new members of my Meteorite
Friends Page - as follows:

1) MULTIPLE PHOTOS: Each person, while a "Portrait" must be the
1st photo (so people can easily identify you) you can add up to 4 additional
Photos. I know many people who wanted photos of them next to a large
Meteorite, with family members, engaged in a sport - whatever. Now you can.
NOTE: If you are on the original page, you do not have to submit your
portrait again - it will automatically be used, but you may submit a
different one if you so choose.

2) MULTIPLE CATEGORIES: You can be listed in up to 5 of the following 6
categories:
- All Meteorite Friends (everyone will be in this one)
- Meteorite Hunters (either "group hunts welcome" or "like to hunt alone")
- Friends With Non-Commercial Web Sites
- Meteorite Dealers
- eBay Sellers and Buyers
- In Remembrance

3) DESCRIPTION or "meteorite biography" of yourself - here you can include
your contact information IF DESIRED, and any info you want to share. For
A guide - check the difference between Paul and me - I was very "formal" but
After reading Paul's I will be editing mine to make it more casual. The
choice is, of course, yours. In fact - you don't have to put anything in
this description if you don't want to.

4) eBAY name

5) Email address and/ or phone number IF YOU WANT.

6) EASILY EDITED: Want to add something after registering?
    Want to change something? No problem, you just go into
    "my account" and click on "edit" and do your thing! This makes
    the information a living document. To top this off, searchers
    can go to a category: Newest Updated Friends and see, in
    chronological order who has been most recently added or
    changed/added information. Very useful.

7) EASY TO GET INFO:
- Friends listed by both first name and last name
- dBay names if the person is willing to share this info
- Mutiple photos
- Learn more about the people with whom you communicate
- Look for people with which to go meteorite hunting.
- How to contact many of the friends
- Check out people's web sites
- ETC.

        Many thanks to Paul for all his work on this.
        To be included in this new Friends Page (and check out who's already
"up") , go to:

http://www.meteorite.com/friends/

        Hopefully this will make my Meteorite Friends Page more useful to
Members of our community - and spur those who have so far drug their
Heels to add themselves and join the party!
        Best wishes, Michael

Post Script:
        (No one will be "automatically" added - YOU must add yourself.
Existing members of my original page are automatically "accepted."
The same criteria applies to those very few destructive elements on
The fringe who are not welcome {ie: if you are a convicted meteorite
Thief who pled guilty in court don't bother to apply})

'Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the
attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way
your mind looks at what happens.' --Kahlil Gibran