[meteorite-list] Michael Casper

From: E.P. Grondine <epgrondine_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 08:49:36 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Mike -

This is very sad to hear about. As near as I knew,
when specimens from NWA began to appear, but before
prices had really started to fall, Casper simply
decided to get out of the business, liquidating all
his holdings, a move which mystified many at the time.

I did not know Casper had damaged so many dealers in
doing so. Could you provide more details on the
transactions? Did he return the meteorites he had
contracted for, but not sold? Or did he simply decide
not to take acceptance?

Oh well, a sad end to Cornell's curator of meteorites.

E.P. Grondine
Man and Impact in the Americas