[meteorite-list] getting oriented on orientation

From: Darryl Pitt <darryl_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 10:16:33 -0500

mmhhmm...

quick stab

as a result of a lack of tumbling and corkscrewing through the
atmosphere (the result of the object's mass, distribution of mass and
angle of entry), the object maintains a somewhat stable horizontal
and vertical axis during its plunge through the atmosphere, resulting
markedly different characterics on its obverse and reverse.