[meteorite-list] New Fleabay Rant was Ebay caution!

From: Mr EMan <mstreman53_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 13:57:24 -0700 (PDT)

Under Fleabay's "thou shalt not speak any bad thing about Fleabay even it if it is the truth" rule, I might never get my account back for sharing this horror story.

I had a collision with the Flea-Bay monster last week that should give all pause if they ever think of letting a visitor or employee use their own computer to "check a few auctions".

According to the man behind the curtain we are supposed to not know exists, y FleaBay account was suspended because I had an "associate" who's account was suspended. Associate means ,in this case, anyone that has ever, at anytime in the past, used my computer. To Fleabay it also means your roommate, family member, kid across the street pirating your WiFi connection, anonymous user at the public library where you stopped to used a computer on a cross country trip. To heap insult they will not tell you the details of why they suspended you. Thy find you guilty BEFORE they investigate and approach it from that standpoint. I am "guilty" of having a former employee that was suspended-- even though the use itself was several months ago that she used my computer when she was in good standing.

The appeal is processed by clearly government-grade/lower primate genus quality employees that the DMV obviously overlooked. I am in my third resending of supporting documents that any registered user who has my ebay user name can look up. I have to prove to ebay's satisfaction that when I set us my account 12 years ago and bought 2000+ items that I wasn't doing it to sneak in an auction for a suspended user 12 years into the future--again DMV quality logic.

As to my "associate" Two months ago she was here working for me and I only had one internet conncection so we shared one computer. She was in good standing with Fleabay, then a week ago she was suspended for slow paying-- never mind that her PayPal account was hacked and emptied leaving her without funds to pay.

Ebay's shild bidding routines apparently noticed that she had used several computers in the past and suspended all the accounts that ever shared those computers. When you bid, Fleabay actually interrogates your computer for a unique mac (not Macintosh) address on your computer or network cards or anything else connected to your computer that has a unique digital ID. They keep this file on you forever.

Notice under Fleabay it makes no difference of your intent-you ARE guilty because their computer says so. You can be guilty today because you allowed something they themselves allow months ago.

If you aren't paranoid already--consider that if run a business and bought a computer that was EVER used by an FUTURE suspended user you are at risk of PERPETUAL suspension from ever using Fleabay again.--Get this... It is all spelled out in your "user" agreement with them. And don't EVER use a public computer at a library to conduct business with Fleabay --that is a rigged roulette game where one past suspended user can take down anyone that has ever used that computer!

Elton