[meteorite-list] More on Mitchell's Aliens

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 23:44:07 -0700

Darren and all,
        While there can be little doubt that the "brobe" routine is the
modern era's version of Incubi and Sucubi, various reports have
Preceded Mitchell's comments (and remember, all the astronauts
Were the most highly screened group for "sanity" and overall
"neurosis free" group that may ever have existed).
        My mother worked on a Navy base for 22 years and an officer
She knew well and considered totally sane swore he knew for a fact
That there were 2 alien bodies and one survivor who lived a couple
of months after the Roswell event.
        Anyway.... Once again..... Is this really list material - I guess
MAYBE so in a very abstract manor.
        I just do not find it easy to totally disregard the very calmly
Spoken word of an astronaut just because our current Paradigm
Prohibits faster than light travel.
        I remember reading several years ago that MIT researchers
Had discovered sub-atomic particles that "appeared to move faster
Than the speed of light" and when they encouraged other researchers
Around the globe to repeat their tests those researchers also discovered
Sub-atomic particles that "appeared to move faster than the speed of
Light."
        I remember someone said (Carl Sagan?) that any technology
sufficiently advanced from a given culture would appear to that culture's
Members to be "magic."
        I am not advocating yes or no on the alien issue, but I do find it
interesting that so many people would dismiss any thought of aliens
out of hand. But people always amaze me the way they dismiss any
evidence that does not fit their own "map" of reality.
This makes it very difficult, of course, to adapt to new data.
        Best wishes, Michael