[meteorite-list] [IMCA] A Feeling Of Shame

From: Michael Farmer <meteoriteguy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 12:32:08 -0700 (PDT)

I want to clarify to the list that in no way am I implicating Maria in any wrongdoing, it seems that is how my email came off, so I will clear this up right now, no Maria is not in any way who I am speaking of, they know who they are.
I merely wanted to say that I and other have been scammed in bogus donation schemes in the meteorite-list world where money did not reach the intended recipient or go to the desired use. I am not going to discuss that incident further, so don't ask, it would serve no purpose at this point but to cause bad things which we don't need at this time. I will no longer just donate things to raise money unless it is done in a very clear way for all to see such as a live auction or ebay auction, only when procedes are sent directly the person, not through a third party or the seller. There is just too much room for mistakes or theft.

Michael Farmer