[meteorite-list] Norton's new book, a must-have for any meteorite collector

From: Michael Farmer <meteoriteguy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 11:13:41 -0700 (PDT)

I bought two of these books and was pleasently surpised to get another signed copy from Richard Norton in the mail a few days ago as a gift.
I have already pretty much destroyed one copy reading it, spilling coke on it, and creasing the pages from use. I always try to get multiple copies of these things, I have a large book collection, and I prefer to have no-touch copies and work copies. I have destroyed so many copies of the Catalog of Meteorites from simple overuse, I must keep buying them when I see them available.

Anyway the Field Guide of Meteors and Meteorites is a must have, great photos, very simple to read and understand, and chock full of newer meteorites, not just the classics. You never know when it will go out of print, so I would get them as fast as possible if you don't have one yet.
Michael Farmer