[meteorite-list] best way to glue meteorite together

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 21:12:34 -0400

On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 17:34:43 -0700 (PDT), you wrote:

>All:
>
>What is the best way to attach or (glue) pieces of a. Meteorite together without causing damage? I want to be able to attach broken pieces together.
>
>Any thoughts... Perhaps putty or some type of temp. glue.

I've only glued a meteorite once-- a complete, finger-shaped (and sized) 869
that I wanted to wear on a lanyard. Got the hole drilled most of the way
through it, it broke in two. I used regular Superglue (or it's generic equal)
and it has held firm ever since. Doesn't even look broken. (Might want to
spring for the gel version).