[meteorite-list] Help With Gary Foote's Recovery! Update

From: Maria Haas <dragonsoup_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 12:27:02 -0700

Hello Everyone,

Gary came through his surgery very well! He still has a long road ahead of him but his prognosis is very good. Gary and CJ (Cynthia) have asked me to pass along their HUGE thanks for your support and good wishes. They will write you all when they can.

They still need help and we've decided to sell the donated items through silent auction. I do not have pictures yet but this is what has been pledged so far:

- An original painting(!) of the Tagish Lake fall by Jerry Armstrong
You can see his work at (http://michaelbloodmeteorites.com/JerryArmstrong.html and http://www.fallingrocks.com/paintings.htm)

- A gold-finish Nininger coin donated by Rob Wesel. Only 10 gold-finish coins were made!
It's is similar to this one: http://www.nakhladogmeteorites.com/catalog/nincoin.htm

- Canyon Diablo individuals, 613 grams total, donated by Ruben Garcia

- Two bricks from the Nininger Museum will be sold separately, anonymously donated

If you have any meteorite or meteorite-related items you'd like to donate, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Also, Eric Olsen's eBay auction where he's donating the proceeds of NWA 2987 (Prov.), a crusted individual Martian, ends in a little over a day. You can see it at http://tinyurl.com/6rxy3d.

Grocery gift cards can be purchased for their use through Hanneford's at (888) 646-2577. Have them issue the card in Cynthia Foote's name for the Morrisville, Vermont store. The gift card service center will have the card ready at their store for her to pick up. Hanneford's website and info about the gift cards is at http://www.hannaford.com/Contents/Our_Stores/Gift_Cards/index.shtml. You cannot buy the cards online but you can read about them on the website. Please let me know that you've sent a card and I will make sure CJ knows it is there.

Thank you!
Maria