[meteorite-list] Pairing ?-Type Asteroids to OC's (fromArkansas)

From: Frank Cressy <fcressy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 08:27:05 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Sterling and all,

Just got around to catching up on the list mail and
read these threads about pairing of young asteroid
families. I wonder why the authors used the
Fayetteville meteorite to compare to the spectral data
of their "young" asteroid families since Fayetteville
is more than just an ordinary chondrite. In fact it
is classified as a regolith breccia or a meteorite
that is composed of the same old weathered "space
dirt" that has they are trying to avoid by looking at
the spectral data at "young" asteroid families. Maybe
these families aren't as fresh and "young" as the
authors thought.
Curious ;-)

Cheers,

Frank