[meteorite-list] Articles for Meteorite magazine

From: lebofsky at lpl.arizona.edu <lebofsky_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 16:16:03 -0700 (MST)

Hi Everyone:

First of all, we are still looking for authors for articles for the
November issue of Meteorite. We have not heard from many people jumping at
the opportunity to write one. :( We would like to have articles by August
18.

Second, those of you who have, or will soon have, a copy of "Field Guide
to Meteors and Meteorites," we are looking for as many short, one- or
two-paragraph, reviews to go along with the "regular" reviews (two I
hope). This is a very special book by two very special people and we would
like to give it as much exposure as possible.

Finally, we were just told by the publisher what articles will be coming
out in the August issue of Meteorite, so here is a preview:

Svend Buhl, et al.: The Fall and Recovery of the Bassikounou Meteorite
(Part I)

Ruben Garcia: Group Meteorite Hunt?Franconia

Dave Gheesling: How YOU Can Make Cosmic Impacts of the Highest Order

Don MColl: The Rolled Tektites!

David Minton: When Rocks Fell Like Rain: The Late Heavy Bombardment

O. Richard Norton: Minerals and Glass in Thin Section

Geoffrey Notkin: Show of Force: Tucson 2008 from Room 230

Hal Povenmire: The Newly Discovered Woodbury, Georgia, Astrobleme

Dirk Ross: The 16th Annual Tokyo International Mineral Show

Anita Westlake: Hall of Meteorites

There is also a review article (by me): :The Mystery of the Tunguska
Fireball" by Surendra Verma and a guest editorial by Joel Schiff

I really hope you will enjoy this issue of Meteorite.

Again, please let me know if you are planning to write an article. If you
have ideas for ones you are thinking of writing, please contact me and I
will get right back to you.

Larry Lebofsky
Co-Editor, Meteorite magazine