[meteorite-list] OT [sort of] - Gary Foote's Recovery

From: Gary K. Foote <gary_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2008 17:55:55 -0400

Dear Metorite Fans,

My name is CJ Foote. I am writing from Gary's computer because that is where this
list's address is. I know that sometime early this year Gary posted here urging
everyone to have a PSA test for prostate cancer... well, the men anyway. :) Gary's
road to recovery from his prostatectomy has not been a good one. He had surgery on
April 29th and, due to complications that have had his health going downhill every
day for the last month and a half, he can now only lie on one side, stand for no more
than five minutes at a time and cannot sit at all. He is in constant pain and we will be
going for emergency exploratory at Dartmouth Hitchcock surgery Thursday to find
out what went wrong and hopefully correct it.

I am telling you this because we have come to the end of our rope. Our business is
destroyed and we are now selling all of Gary's meteorites to help pay bills [We've
already sold pretty much everything else already] , despite his pride in being a
member of I.M.C.A. and all of the good conversations and friends he has had made
here. I can't find a catalog of his collection but most of it is bagged and tagged, so it
shouldn't be hard to put one together. Unfortunately I know nothing about prices
[Should I auction? Sell directly?, etc.] and Gary is so sedated he doesn't even know
what day of the week it is. A good day for him is 1-2 hours of being lucid while the
rest of his days are spent in bed or the bathroom.

I know Gary's collection is not spectacular, but it is what we have and we will use all
of our resources to get him well again. He will likely be diminished by this for life,
but our goal is to improve the quality of his life as much as we can.

If anyone is interested in any of his meteorites, or would like to see a catalog please
let me know and I will work one up post-haste. And if you are a believer please pray
for my husband. He is all I have.

Sincerely,

Cynthia [C.J.] Foote

PS - Would anyone like to buy a 1980 Goldwing? He won't be riding again.