[meteorite-list] Holocene start impacts

From: E.P. Grondine <epgrondine_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2008 09:20:49 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Sterling, all

"Exactly how did this evidenceless Comet extinct
75% of the largest mammals? "

I hope those of you here not interested in this will forgive me yet another message, one which should have been combined with the earlier one. Did I mention that I've had a major stroke? - please forgive me this additional message.

Sterling, I always enjoy your comments from your encyclopedic knowledge, and your scepticism, and rigor, but speaking of science by press releases, but those cometary impacts are not "evidenceless". Aside from the cometary microspherule deposits, there's the C14 production hump at 10,900 BCE, which is what started Firestone off on his quest.

Saying that it's "evidenceless" does not make it so. Why did your memory fail you? In my case its due to stroke from undiagnosed diabetes, and I'd like to remind everyone here to watch their diets and get their a1c's checked.

Shifting to something more meteoritic, I'm hoping to get to those earlier posts and hear more on those recent irons from SE North America. Perhaps they'll throw some light on the "Hopewell" iron artifacts.

good hunting all,
E.P. Grondine
Man and Impact in the Americas