[meteorite-list] Mercury's crack habit

From: lebofsky at lpl.arizona.edu <lebofsky_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 08:12:11 -0700 (MST)

Hello Sterling:

Take it one more step. Given the location of the "crater" within Caloris
and given (at least it looks to me) that the channels seem to predate ANY
of the other craters (the channels do not deform any craters, but seem to
have been there when the craters were formed), how about Caloris being a
huge caldera (or at least a subsistance feature)?

Larry

Peace and long life