[meteorite-list] Kem Kem

From: bernd.pauli at paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: 26 Jan 2008 21:50:06 UT

Dean writes:

"Michael Casper bought 300 kilos of meteorites...that he was told was found
in the Kem Kem plain near the algerian border. I bought some from this 300
kilo bunch..."

Oh yes, now I remember and Michael Casper heralded it in his
sales catalogue dated Dec. 13, 1999, p. 14 with these words:

Kem Kem. Found August, 1999. Stone. Classification pending.
Kem Kem, Dahara, Morocco.

This was followed by numerous offers like: 22.4 grams _at_ $44.80, etc. and
a picture of a large Kem Kem individual (ca. 10 inches) with a crack and
several shallow regmaglypts - there is also a tape measure beneath that
stone to give you an idea of its size.

Best wishes,

Bernd