[meteorite-list] Tucson 2: Major Meteorite Feature Article

From: Notkin <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 14:54:25 -0700

Dear Listees:

Greetings all. Chilly day here in Tucson.

Further to yesterday's post, I am delighted to announce that the main
editorial piece in the 2008 "Tucson EZ-Guide" is a major new meteorite
feature, entitled:
"Tucson is the Meteorite Capital of the World."

Written and researched by "EZ-Guide" staff writer, lifelong Tucson show
veteran, and noted Arizona silversmith, Lisa Marie Morrison, this
11-page feature includes brand-new exclusive interviews with the Tucson
meteorite dealers: Haag, Killgore, Farmer, and Notkin; a tribute to the
late Jim Kriegh; an overview of the Tucson meteorite scene; and many
never-before-seen photographs. I believe this to be the most
significant magazine feature on meteorites since the "Astronomy"
special back in August of 2006.

Here is a preview:

http://www.aerolite.org/meteorite-capital.htm

The "Tucson EZ-Guide" will be available, free of charge, at all show
venues for the duration of the '08 show, starting next week. I realize
that many of you who cannot make it to Tucson collect meteorite
articles, and this issue is sure to become an instant collectible. I am
therefore offering to mail a free copy of the book to any List members
who request one, but the guide is nearly 200 pages so please reimburse
me for postage.

If you would like a copy, please follow these instructions exactly:

(1) PayPal the correct postage amount to info at aerolite.org

- USA first class: $2.50
- Canada air mail: $4.50
- Rest of the world air mail: $9.00

These books are very expensive to produce, so let's please keep it to
one per person, unless you seriously need a second copy. If so, add a
couple of extra bucks postage.

(2) After you've done the PayPal thing, please send me an email with
your full name and mailing address in the body of the email, and "FREE
TUCSON GUIDE" in the subject header. Even if you think I already have
your address on file, please do it this way to save me time.

This offer is intended for anyone who genuinely wants a copy for their
personal collection. I better not see any on eBay : )

Please note: I will be mailing your copy AFTER the 2008 gem show is
over. That means late February. Please do not write and bug me and ask
where your copy is. We are extremely busy from now until about February
20, and I promise to get them in the mail as soon as I can, after the
tents have all gone home. It'll be worth the wait. This is a terrific
piece.

Finally, I'd like to personally thank Melodie Farmer, Ruben Garcia,
Martin Horejsi, and Marvin Killgore, all of whom went out of their way
to provide great photos for this feature. And especially Lisa Marie who
did a stellar job on the interviews and writing.

Sincerely,

Geoff N.

Aerolite Meteorites

www.aerolite.org