[meteorite-list] Mecurian Meteorite????

From: Rob Wesel <rob_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 22:27:59 -0800

Hello Darren, List

A 2007 paper was published in MAPS taking the other side of the
Angrite-Mercury hypothesis:

Hutson, M.L. and A. Ruzicka (2007) The case against Mercury as the angrite
parent body. Meteoritics & Planetary Science 42, Abstract #5238

Here are the ones in favor:

Unique Angrite, NWA 2999: The Case For Samples From Mercury, A. Irving, S.
Keuhner, D. Rumble, T. Bunch, J. Whittke, AGU, 2005 Fall Meeting, Abstract
#P51A-0898

S. M. Kuehner, A. J. Irving, T. E. Bunch, J. H. Wittke, G. M. Hup? & A. C.
Hup?, 2006, Coronas and symplectites in plutonic angrite NWA 2999 and
implications for Mercury as the angrite parent body. Abstracts of the 37th
Lunar and Planetary Science Conference, #1344

Debate continues to exist on the matter. The truth is we have no answer at
this time, only a notion of what a Mercurian meteorite might contain. One
day soon we will be able to compare gasses or even samples and then we'll
have a much better model.

Rob Wesel
http://www.nakhladogmeteorites.com
We are the music makers...