[meteorite-list] AD - not quite a meteorite, but fell from orbit

From: Bob Loeffler <bobl_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 23:28:52 -0700

Hi Walter and Mike,

Thanks for the input. Like I said, I'm new to this. :-) And I wasn't
trying to infer that Ted was deceiving anyone. I just didn't know and the
parts seemed like they were in very good condition (considering the
circumstances). Maybe they didn't burn up because re-entry was very slow
(compared to a meteor)? I think I read that a fast meteor will burn up
quicker (or at least have a lot more force acting upon it) than a slower
meteor. Is that right? If so, that might help explain it (besides being
protected by other parts).

Regards,

Bob the newbie