[meteorite-list] Carancas crater

From: Michael Farmer <meteoriteguy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 10:55:44 -0800 (PST)

Adam
You told everyone on this list that Carancas was not a
crater, you have been proven wrong, I was proven right
with the papers in the news this week, I am merely
clarifying that, nothing more.
Now, what problem is it of mine that uneducated idiots
pissed in the crater? Does that ruin the event, make
it useless, wipe it from the history books? It was
handled fine on my end, things just got bad when
police tried to steal all of our money. What is your
advice, should I have gone to the president of Peru?
When you are in the crap, you make decisions on the
spot, it is not as easy as sitting at your desk and
typing emails. The locals were nice, just poor people
who had no idea what was going on, the government was
inept and corrupt, and the police took advantage of
the situation to try and rob us, then the proverbial
crap hit the fan from all sides. Oh well, the crater
was studied, a tiny amount of the meteorite was saved,
and the rest, as they say, it history.
Michael Farmer