[meteorite-list] Re The SkyRock Cafe

From: Michael Gilmer <michael_w_gilmer_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 12:46:44 -0800 (PST)

meteorite-list at meteoritecentral.com

--- dave at fallingrocks.com wrote:

---------------------------------
All & Dr. Phil,

You have to draw the line somewhere, and it is here:
this is my last response to this mess...period.

Michael, simply put, you are wrong. And I have not
offered an apology for "trolling" as that is not what
I was doing when I asked him a simple question
(completely off line); nor will one be forthcoming. I
get the question "what's makes your company different
from all the rest?" at least weekly in running my
business, and the reason that I get it is that it is a
good and open-ended question. Running this business
would be very easy if I assumed negativity, got
defensive and attacked everyone who asked it, as we
would have no customers or vendors to deal with. Good
grief...

The downside to a forum structure is that some people
will abuse it either by taking their own personal
frustrations out on the rest of the group or by
relieving their own insecurities by lecturing the
group with diatribes that tend to start off with "As
someone with lots of experience..."

Over and out,

Dave