[meteorite-list] Toronto, Canada Meteorite Display

From: tett <tett_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 08:44:04 -0500

Pete,

A few of us saw this first hand on Thursday. The ROM has created a
wonderful new Mineral exhibit which was opened to the public on Saturday
and a few of us got the invite to see it before the public opening.

We were lucky to meet up with Greg Hupe who brought along 8 planetary
meteorites and so we were able to see NWA5000 along with Greg's other
gorgeous planetaries.

The ROM has created a new permanent mineral exhibit which is
outstanding. Part of the display is a large cabinet beautifully
organized with typical meteorites from the various classes. Nicely done
in a way to excite new comers to the world of meteorites. In front of
the display is are interactive monitors where visitors can see a picture
of the display. Touching the specific meteorite images brings up a
screen with close up shoots and detailed information. Very slick.

In a separate cabinet is the temporary display of NWA5000. Very very cool!

Definitely worth the trip to the ROM.

Cheers!

Mike Tettenborn