[meteorite-list] Toronto, Canada Meteorite Display

From: Greg Hupe <gmhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 13:06:24 -0500

Hello Pete and List,

I would like to make a correct to Pete's email to the List. NWA 5000 is my
brother, Adam's, not mine. He loaned it to the Royal Ontario Museum and it
caught the eye of the press; newspapers, radio, television. What is on
display is the 9.6kg Main Mass of NWA 5000. It is in its own cabinet with
excellent informative graphics accompanying it, very well done. I was one of
the lucky ones, along with Tony Irving, who were invited and attended the
grand opening party of the Teck Suite of Galleries: Earth's Treasures, the
ROM's newest meteorite and mineral gallery. They did a fantastic job!
Unfortunately Adam was unable to attend.

For some fun Show-n-Tell for the morning after the party with some of the
ROM staff and David Gregory, I brought five Lunar and three Martian
planetary main masses from The Hupe Collection. Some fellow Canadian
collectors who joined us in the afternoon were Mike Tettenborn, Patrick
Herrmann and Roman Jirasek. We had a great time! Thanks again Patrick for
dinner!

I highly recommend everyone to make the trip to the ROM to see the new
meteorite and mineral gallery, along with the rest of the museum, it is
worth it!!

Best regards,
Greg

Greg Hupe