[meteorite-list] New LL5 Meteorite - NWA 5511 (provisional)

From: Greg Catterton <star_wars_collector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 15:19:31 -0800 (PST)

I would like to announce my first officially classified meteorite, NWA 5511 (provisional)
NWA 5511 was a single stone that weighed 387 grams and a slice was tested by Ted Bunch to be a LL5. It was then assigned the name/number NWA 5511.

Here is a picture of the meteorite before cutting:
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c165/jedisdiamond/387gNWA.jpg

and here is a picture of some of it after cutting:
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c165/jedisdiamond/uNWAmaterial.jpg

I hope I announced this correctly, it is my first time doing this.

I would like to publicly thank Ted Bunch for taking the time to do this for me!

Greg
www.wanderingstarmeteorites.com