[meteorite-list] Ad New Canadian Meteorite for sale

From: al mitterling <almitt_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 07:29:02 -0500

Greetings List,

Interesting topics. Mike is right on about the Canadians. They don't play
games. The former curator of the Canadian Collection was scanning ebay
meteorite auctions for many years for Canadian Cultural Property including
meteorites. The only way I was able to figure this out was a friend offer me
some diamonds he had purchased to sell on ebay for him. They were Canadian.
I received an inquiry as to where I had obtained my diamonds from Canada
from the Canadian Mounted Police!!

I let David know they were wondering (I had no doubt what so ever that David
had purchased these legally). After David told the police they were
purchased from one of the largest diamond companies and families in Canada,
they backed way off but left a negative opinion in my mind that you can't
purchase Canadian items without having to justify resaling them later. We
later then found out about the meteorite snoop. It also fit in that he use
to visit Tucson and Denver. I thought to build up their collection, but also
to check for Canadian material.

All my best to all.

--AL Mitterling