[meteorite-list] Ad New Canadian Meteorite for sale

From: Michael Farmer <meteoriteguy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 18:05:38 -0800 (PST)

Martin, there are huge differences with these high-priced falls. No one could question Puerto Lapice, it sold out in minutes even at astronomical prices. less than 600 grams recovered, deserves every penny of the high price.
Cali, 10 stones, 7 smashed houses, Colombia's first recovered fall, less than 500 grams TKW, H/L4, again, the market ate that one up, there is not a speck for sale as far as I know. Deserved the high price.

Carancas, world-news making meteorite, little survived, Peru's first recovered fall, crater maker, what is not to like? Market absorbed it all, some straggler pieces dropped the price, but more due to market tapped out and world economic collapse than being overpriced.

Moss, What more is there to say? The first CO3 fall in 60 years, NORWAY fall, all of 3.5 kilos recovered, 40% of which is in OSLO museum. That one deserved every penny it got, and how much Moss do you see out there these days?

Zunhua, China house smasher, one stone, and when I started selling, there was just crumbs available. Later some large pieces were taken out of hiding, so price I think has come down a bit on that one. But not due to massive weight or anything.

Hosur, I dint think it should be more than a few $$$$ gram, large fall, massive pieces, and from India, already making it problematic. I do not own any.

Canada, this is different, we already know that hundreds of stones have been recovered, with a TKW likely already over 50 kilograms. The fireball videos suggest hundreds of kilos will be found, it is also a H type, so not rare. This will not sustain $50.00 gram, and should not. This one will stabilize at a low-mid price. I can't wait to get/find one, but I will wait for the winter freeze to end before I go up there!

Martin, you see, I can easily make an argument for all of the recent falls and their high prices. This can not be made of the new Canadian fall, at least not at this time. Should something happen and not much more found or allowed out of Canada, well, then the sky is the limit.

Michael Farmer