[meteorite-list] [AD] Super Sikhote-Alins, eBay "Meteorite" mag, etc.

From: Notkin <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 13:16:21 -0700

Dear Listees:

Greetings and many thanks to those of you who kindly commented on this
month's "Meteorwritings" column.

A few items of interest:

I recently acquired a collection of super excellent Sikhote-Alin
individuals. These are among the best I've ever seen, and I've put
them together on one special page. Several have small natural holes
and all have fabulous sculptural shapes. Definitely worth a look:

http://www.aerolite.org/sikhote-alin-meteorites.htm

We've also redesigned our entire sale catalogue and added many new
pieces, including some Glenn Huss specimens with original collection
numbers and matching AML labels, moldavites, Libyan Desert Glass, a
couple of small Brenhams, and some oriented Tazas:

http://www.aerolite.org/meteorites-for-sale.htm

All new additions can be viewed on one page here:

http://www.aerolite.org/new.htm

On the eBay front, I have super rare copies of "Meteorite" and
"Voyage" magazines ending tonight:

"Meteorite": http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160301286251

"Voyage": http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170282651870

The August 2004 issue of "M" includes my all-time favorite published
story, "Lingua Franconia," about my first visit to the Franconia
strewnfield in the company of the late, great Jim Kriegh. On that one
amazing weekend I met meteorite hunters Sonny Clary, Ruben Garcia, and
Mike Miller for the first time. And we've all had quite a few
adventures together since then : ) The "Voyage" issue includes a Rob
Elliott article about hunting at Holbrook.

Ending on Sunday is a whole batch of stuff including a lovely
brecciated part slice of Dar al Gani 956:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170282631693

A cute crusted Allende: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170282364822

A cool collector's set of six different iron meteorites: Sikhote-Alin,
Henbury, Gibeon, Taza, Mundrabilla and Campo del Cielo

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170283612602

And Bensour, Juancheng, Gao, some nice NWA 869 individuals, etc.

All items up for auction can be seen here:

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZaerolitemeteorites

Instant recap with photos live and direct from Jedi webmaster Paul
Harris at Meteorite.com:

http://www.meteorite.com/meteorite-dealers/dealer-listings/aerolite.htm

As always, all my auctions are NO RESERVE.

Thank you for looking and if you have any questions you can now call
Aerolite toll-free at: 888 SKY ROXX

Regards to all from sunny Tucson,

Geoff N.
www.aerolite.org