[meteorite-list] How to tell IMB Gaos from normal

From: MeteorHntr at aol.com <MeteorHntr_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 16:55:54 EDT

Michael,

Actually, yes I have seen impact melts before. But to be honest, I am not
sure I have seen the outside of a Gao IMB. It might be that I don't have any
in the batches I have had currently or before.

I will assume if none of the ones I have now look like a typical IMB, then
that is probably the case.

How rare are the IMB stones from Gao anyway? 1 out of a hundred? More?
Less?

Steve Arnold
Arkansas
MrSteveArnold.com

In a message dated 4/23/2008 3:48:49 P.M. Central Daylight Time,