[meteorite-list] Pronouncing Willamette and other meteorite names

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 02:16:01 -0700

I lived in Oregon a couple of years. It is pronounced
As follows: will - A - met with the "A" as in am, at, as, etc.
        I have always been amused when people pronounce it
Otherwise. I could be wrong, but I think even ET pronounces
It the way most meteorite folks do, which astonished me, since
He has lived in Oregon most of his life. None the less, the stress
Is on the a or am.
        Best wishes, Michael