[meteorite-list] Pronouncing Willamette and other meteorite names

From: Chris Peterson <clp_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 22:23:47 -0600

Certainly, Willamette is an unexpected pronunciation if you aren't
familiar with the area. But is there something odd about Allende? I've
always assumed it was (approximately) ah-YEN-dey. Is it something other
than you would expect for standard Spanish?

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com