[meteorite-list] Berduc, Argentina Fall Expedition

From: wahlperry at aol.com <wahlperry_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 20:49:06 -0400

Hi,

WOW! Great pictures and story!

Sonny

-----Original Message-----
From: Darren Garrison <cynapse at charter.net>
To: meteorite-list at meteoritecentral.com
Sent: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 9:30 am
Subject: Re: [meteorite-list] Berduc, Argentina Fall Expedition

On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 19:14:26 -0400, you wrote:

>Dear List Members,
>
>Mike Farmer asked me to forward his email to the List in regards to
our
>recent expedition to investigate the Berduc, Argentina meteorite fall.
At
>the bottom are links to his web pages he built describing it.

>http://meteoriteguy.com/berducfall1.htm
>
>http://meteoriteguy.com/berducfall2.htm

Just read the pages. Since this fall had some of those "hammer stones"
some
people are so obsessed with, I'm suprised that hasn't had comments,
yet. Sounds
like a Pultusk-like event-- lots and lots of small stones.

BTW, the birds? Rhea. Only 3 types of giant flightless birds around now
(though there were many more that became extinct in the last few
thousand years
thanks to humans). Rheas in South America, Emus in Australia, and
Ostriches in
Africa. I'd say that the chances are high that some of those meteorites
will
end up inside some of those birds.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gastrolith