[meteorite-list] What to do with a Block of Pallasovka Pallasite?

From: David & Kitt Deyarmin <bobadebt_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 18:00:20 -0400

I'm trying to decide the best way to process a block of Pallasovka Pallasite
that Serge sent me.

Originally I was going to cut it into slices for him but my saw doesn't do
so well cutting pallasite material into thin slices

Currently, it is a non symmetrical cube with an average width of 2.125" and
it weighs 820 grams. It has a single polished face which looks awesome.

I could sell it as is for $1400 shipped or I could polish all six sides and
sell it for $1500

But I thought it might be cool to cut it into a perfect cube, however if I
did that I would lose weight and the price would go up.

I could also turn it into a 2" sphere but then it would weigh even less and
cost even more.

There are so many possibilities so I figured I should just post a message
here to see if anyone is interested in this and if so how would you want it?

Please post a reply if you have any ideas or if you're interested in it
contact me off list at bobadebt at ec.rr.com with an offer.

Thanks.