[meteorite-list] Microscope manual German translation question.

From: STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com <STARSANDSCOPES_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 21:47:41 EDT

Hi list, I apologize for a way off topic post. This is intended for only
those members who are microscope users.

I need help in computer file (German to English) language translation. I
don't even know if it is possible.

I am an aus Jena fan and have several of there microscopes. Some are the
hard to find ones like the Amplival Interphako. I have looked for a very long
time to find operator manuals and it has not been easy. Recently I obtained
a computer disk with many aus Jena models included. Unfortunately, they are
PDF files and they are in German.

This is way beyond me but I read that PDF files could be translated to word
documents with the right software and then perhaps a language translating
program could be used. The volume of text would be too overwhelming to attempt
a manual translation.

If some one could do this and could use the files, I would send a CD out and
you could send the translated copy back. It would give you a chance of
getting some very hard to find manuals

I also have an assortment of Zeiss and Leitz Manuals on disk (in English) I
will put them on the disk as well. This set would be MUCH more than what is
often offered on eBay and perhaps your only chance to get these.

Not first come, first served but any one who wants to give it a go (and
thinks they can) email me and I will send a CD. We can each pay shipping one
direction.

Thanks! And list members, thanks for your indulgence. I use this stuff for
meteorite micrographs. Check out my Gallery on Meteorite Times.
http://www.meteorite.com/meteorite-gallery/

Tom Phillips

Finance. (http://money.aol.com/tax?NCID=aolcmp00300000002850)