[meteorite-list] It was intuition ? OK ?

From: Mark Grossman <markig_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 00:36:04 -0400

Martin, Mike and all,

I think you bring out an important point. You mentioned that you contacted
the Humboldt Museum to check on the provenance of a sample.

I have also contacted various museums and dealers in other countries to
check on the provenance of samples.

A seller can provide a potential buyer with information regarding the origin
of a specific sample, but unfortunately that doesn't necessarily carry any
more weight than saying "This meteorite is guaranteed to be authentic".

In the past, I have received very specific information about the provenance
of a historic specimen only to find out that the information could not be
verified by the party who reportedly supplied the specimen.

Mark Grossman