[meteorite-list] Sikhote Alin Help

From: Martin Altmann <altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 02:44:34 +0200

Hi Al,

it totally depends on the specimen itself. How the shape is, how sculptured
it is, whether it's cleaned down to high-gloss metal or of a nicer patina.
At least so far we can go, to know, that the times, where regmaglypted
Sikhotes were sold at a standard price of 300$/kg are over for 2 years or
so.
And meanwhile large specimens are rare.
Of course it depends also on, in which surroundings you'll sell.
Note the results of the known auction houses last year,
people not involved in meteorites, will certainly pay a higher price for
aesthetic irons than a meteorite collector, who maybe would pay 500-600$/kg
for a very good Sikhote of that size?

...at least these my not so sophisticated guesses.
Martin

-----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----