[meteorite-list] Christies Fraud/serious error in upcoming sale.

From: Michael Farmer <meteoriteguy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 17:59:59 -0700 (PDT)

Bonhams is not the only auction house that makes the
occasional mistake.
There is an upcoming sale at Christie's in Paris,
which includes 9 meteorites. One of those is listed as
NWA 1978, the problem is that it is an oriented
chondrite. I am the owner of NWA 1978 along with Jim
Strope and the true NWA 1978 is a Eucrite.
http://www.christies.com/LotFinder/lfsearch_coa/SearchResults.aspx?SN=sale+%23&LN=lot+%23&entry=meteorite&searchbtn.x=11&searchbtn.y=6

I have contacted them and demanded that they remove
the item, since I am the true owner of that meteorite
and it of course, is not the stone they are selling.
Does anyone on here know who consigned the piece to
Christie's? Obviously their records are incorrect.
Michael Farmer