[meteorite-list] Another news piece on Holocene Start impacts

From: E.P. Grondine <epgrondine_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 10:28:54 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Sterling, list -

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2007-09/nau-rts092407.php

This time the black mats are accumulators for the
impact debris.

I also want to remind everyone here that some of the
First peoples accounts of these impacts were given in
my own book "Man and Impact in the Americas". It is
nice to see field data confirm one's analysis of
traditions.

PS - while looking at spherules, I found that some of
the KT layers were nicely exposed and easy to sample.
I still think that there is going to be a market for
these impactite samples, but I how they will be
packaged is still not clear.

good hunting,
E.P. Grondine
Man and Impact in the Americas