[meteorite-list] Correction New Martian Nomenclature and Ebay Auctions Ending!

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 10:27:33 -0700 (PDT)

The correct number is NWA 4880 not 4480 as listed a
few times in my weekly advertisement. Please note
this correction.

Dear List Members,

I would like to take this opportunity to announce the
nomenclature for a new Martian Shergottite. For those
who purchased any of this new Martian meteorite from
me, the provisional number is NWA 4880. Current
owners, please email me your address and I will be
happy to send you a color ID card. For those who have
not picked any up yet, I am running 18 outstanding
examples on eBay. This may be a chance for some of
you to add a complete certified Martian Shergottite
individual to your collection as none of these are
fragments.

Here is a brief description:

NWA 4880 (Provisional), a Rare Basaltic Martian
Shergottite found this year in the Sahara desert. This
scarce Martian meteorite represents one of the
freshest Shergottites yet found to date. A Total Known
Weight (TKW) of 82 grams consisting of 35 small
individuals was officially recorded under the NWA 4480
designation. There are pairings to this exceptional
find but most dealers did not bother to have their
pieces made official so the true TKW will never be
known. I donated 20% to satisfy type specimen
requirements, paid the classification costs and a
report has been submitted to the Nom Com committee for
formal acceptance. Officially recognized meteorites
are worth far more than their unstudied counterparts
so please bid accordingly. Every piece of NWA 4480 is
certified so bid with confidence as these are real
unlike some bogus (unstudied and sometimes not
authentic) material out there.

May exceptional auctions are ending today and can be
seen at this link:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZraremeteorites

Check out some of these Martian individuals:

NWA 4880 Certified Martian Shergottite Individuals.
Each one is individually described as far as weight,
size, percentage of fusion crust and if shock veins
are present. Check out this sampling:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140161612325
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140161613284
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140161614851
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140161616489
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140161616989
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140161618374
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140161620049
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140161621586

32.3 Gram oriented individual!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140161623319
Plus 9 more!

And don't forget to check out 105 great items at this
link, most ending today:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZraremeteorites

Thank you for looking and if you are bidding, good
luck.

Best Regards,

Adam Hupe
The Hupe Collection