[meteorite-list] La Mancha meteorite hunt photos

From: ensoramanda <ensoramanda_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 02:36:05 +0100

Amazing shots Mike,

The fusion crust looks more like the glazes on the contemporary ceramics
I make and collect...they are like works of art delivered from space and
fired on the way down!

Believe it or not I spent this afternoon looking at the new Richard
Attenborough collection of Picasso ceramics and then at the National
Space Centre in Leicester and took a close look at the large Barwell
chunk they have on display...whilst there I remarked that it was the
only other meteorite I had seen with fusion crust showing runs and
glassy spikes sticking out apart from the La Mancha pieces on show at
Ensisheim.(and now yours show up this evening!) I had never seen this
piece of Barwell before and it had remarkable fresh flowing fusion
crust, not quite a shiney as La Mancha, but then its only an L5/6.

Its great that you have all managed to save more of this wonderful
material...congratulations.

Graham Ensor, Nr Barwell, UK