[meteorite-list] [AD] "Wired Siderite" for Sale; Monnig/Nininger on eBay

From: Notkin <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2007 22:05:16 -0700

Dear Listees:

Greetings all.

The following will be of some interest to those of you who enjoyed the
TV show Steve "Brenham" Arnold and I made last year for PBS.

The "Wired Siderite," a 49.8-pound Brenham iron and star of the "Wired
Science" show is now available for sale. Not only is this the most
attractive siderite recovered by the Brenham Meteorite Company
operation, it is also the world's first meteorite television celebrity.
Steve and I excavated this gorgeous iron in front of PBS and cameras
(in the middle of a howling Kansas dust storm), and it starred in the
first segment of the first episode or the "Wired" magazine/PBS
television joint venture "Wired Science." Special field correspondent
Adam Rogers pulled the iron out of the ground, and gave it its first
glimpse of sunlight in thousands of years.

The full story is here:

http://www.aerolite.org/wired-science.htm

The "Wired Siderite" comes with exclusive collectibles and memorabilia,
including a signed DVD of the actual TV show. Details and photos are
here:

http://www.aerolite.org/museum/wired-siderite.htm

Please email me off-List if you feel this fabulous iron might belong in
your personal collection.

In other news, I have some super eBay items ending Sunday evening,
including a Monnig/Nininger Dimmitt, TX specimen. This small polished
slice once belonged to both of the greatest American meteorite
collectors: it carries vintage hand painted numbers from the H.H.
Nininger Collection *and* the Oscar Monnig collection, and comes with
an original Monnig ID card. Not something you see ever day. This
historic piece is currently at only $30 (?!) The label alone is worth
that much.

A bargain for someone:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170145806531

We've also got some nice Sikhote-Alins (individual and shrapnel), a
Campo del Cielo that looks just like a fish, one of my last Carl Schelf
Odessas from the 1950s crater excavation, and other goodies for your
viewing pleasure.

See them all here:

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZaerolitemeteorites

For those of you headed to the Denver show, safe travels, and watch out
for the manager at La Loma -- he's a real Mile High Monster : )

Cheers from old Tucson,

Geoff N.

www.aerolite.org
www.campometeorites.com