[meteorite-list] Search for Holmes 17P outgass trigger

From: Göran Axelsson <axelsson_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 16:10:07 +0100

Why not use the orbiters around Mars to do simultaneous observations
with Hubble or ground based telescopes. That could create a large
baseline for a possible tomographic imaging and a reconstructed
3-dimensional model of the comet.
At least they should have a lot better view than the rowers have, as
someone suggested before.

I don't know if that is possible with the satellites orbiting Mars, but
it would be an interesting experiment.

... and not to forget Dawn, my favorite spacecraft. I guess they have
packed a good resolution camera on that spacecraft.

Come to think of it, there are a number of probes out there, deep impact
for instance. It has a good telescope and between jobs currently.

In the while I'll try to finally catch the comet tonight, it's been
cloudy and raining here in Sweden but now it's clearing up.

/G?ran