[meteorite-list] Steve's 150-gram Dragon piece

From: Mr EMan <mstreman53_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 07:45:40 -0700 (PDT)

Steve Arnold (Chicago) wrote:

> "...one of the most beautiful and oriented meteorites that I have
> ever seen.

OK... I'll bite-- Steve? how is this "oriented"?

You've been collecting how many years?

It may have flow features, the photos are fairly dark, but how do you
justify calling this oriented? Attractive , yes but the best oriented
meteorite you have ever seen?

I am sure there are many meteorite owners such as yourself who could
care less about meteorite terminology, however those of us who do, feel
an obligation to speak up when we see terms misused.

Looking forward to seeing the Dragon on Ebay in time for Christmas.
Thanks for sharing.

Elton