[meteorite-list] Great picture that summarizes Peru'sscientific minds.

From: Thaddeus Besedin <endophasy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 04:07:42 -0700 (PDT)

I was using a familiar example. I would have said
"Holy Roman Empire," which was, according to the idea
advanced comparing the theft of a comic to barbarian
theft of Roman Culture, appropriate. The Holy Roman
Empire would be the "Second Reich." I'm also not
saying that Germany hads stolen Rome. But "Roma," as a
an ideal model (at least in appearance) for an
ideological superstructure, had many takers after
Constantinople became the de facto political center of
the Roman Empire.
Everything with Mike is usually OK, and then comes the
bull___ attempts at humor, from a "friend," or macho
stabs at everybody else, living as they do in their
own country, handling their own affairs differently
than we do here, I guess. It's not anti-American
contempt for G.I. Mike, it's
anti-jingo-consumerization that tinges my ordinarily
controlled outbursts of language.