[meteorite-list] Carancas (AD)

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 14:01:53 -0700

Carancas has been one of the more spectacular falls of the
Decade - perhaps the most significant since Park Forrest.
        Besides for creating an impact pit, boiling underground
Springs, hitting a house, killing a goat and a llama (when was
The last hammer that killed a llama?) it knocked
A man to the ground 300 meters from impact and appears to
Have let off fumes that made people ill.
        Due to ignorance and infighting the vast majority of the
Material is likely to be forever lost.
        However, as nice as Mike Farmer has been in supplying
Me with a few choice small specimens, I have been able to get
Some from another source who traveled with Bob Haag and I can
Afford to offer them for the most part at $100 per gram. I have
Many sizes and many of them are unique - some with the veining
Showing, some without and two with actual fusion crust.
        Have a look for the fun of it. Anyone interested in purchasing,
Contact me off list for the list of actual prices. All specimens come
In membrane boxes with informative labeling on the rim. PayPal
preferred but all other forms of payment accepted.
        Here is the link:

http://community.webshots.com/album/561172649TZNyyS

        Best wishes, Michael

--
"God doesn't look at how much we do, but with how
much love we do it."