[meteorite-list] SD Fires

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 23:34:33 -0700

Thanks to all on the list who have inquired after our welfare,
        Angel and I are both doing well, though air quality is really
Quite bad, my college has cancelled classes for the week and
Angel's work has closed up to now. Tomorrow is optional for her
And I am trying to convince her to lay low. Many of the freeways
Are closed, anyway and she is caught up on her paperwork (a rare
Occurrence).
        Meanwhile, fires rage around San Diego proper, with over
1/2 million people displaced refugees. Qualcom (Charger) stadium is
Loaded with people, as are many of the schools. Outside it is worse
Than when Mt. St. Hellen's went off in the 80s - worse by far, actually.
        Humidity dropped to single digits - VERY rare for San Diego,
High winds (Santa Annas) blowing from the east with some powerful
Gusts.
        The number of homes actually burned is much lower than .5 Mil,
But still a great tragedy to families effected.
        It would have to burn through miles of neighborhoods to reach us -
Or at least up canyons, but we seem to be safe. Our hay fever is, of
Course, out of control. Electricity is down to one lead into the city, but
Our home is solar powered, so, we are enjoying air conditioning throughout
Without taxing "the system."
        Thanks again, Michael

--
"God doesn't look at how much we do, but with how
much love we do it."